Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Trunk or Treat

FYI everyone planning on going to the Trunk or Treat tomorrow...someone I know, lets call him D. Miller, no that's to obvious. We'll call him Devin M. made his OWN chili powder for his chili. Yep, that's right, got his own chilies and did whatever it takes to make them into chili powder. He's crazy. Just use the stinkin' spice in the bottle! I know he loves making things homemade: maple syrup, blueberry pancakes (yes with real blueberries even though I LIKE the fake ones in the mix), pizza sauce, juice, cakes, noodles, refried beans, tortillas, pie crust, mac & cheese, bbq sauce, he even wanted to try making his own marshmallows! I think it's getting out of hand. We're not pioneers who lived back in the day when you couldn't buy those things at Frys! I think he would churn his own butter if he could! Where do I draw the line? No, I'm kidding...not about him making all that stuff from scratch, but about drawing the line. I think it's good for him to make his own stuff, but really? Chili powder?

10 comments:

Jake & Becca said...

That is too funny. And I thouht I was into baking... I 've never heard of people making all of those things by themselves. Hey you need to get your parents to write on the judd blog, we've still never heard from them.

Janet said...

I think that's awesome. I wish I was that resourceful! You never know when that is going to come in handy. :O)

The Herberts said...

He is one talented man, I tell you what! We are willing to be your taste testers whenever you need some! :)

The Clarks said...

So I finally started a blog and I found your blog and put you on the list! :) Cant way to try Devin's chili! Crazy men they all have there obsessions!

Steven said...

Hey the name says Steve... its Kiera, keep forgetting to switch!
hahaha Devin is so awesome! I love it.. We LOVE eating at your house, everything is always SO deliscious and its fun to see someone get so into cooking.. that's funny about the chili powder.. I bet it was really good though!

mollie said...

Man, I wish we could have tried it. One of Mike's dreams is to become an iron chef. Maybe he and Devin can work together. But I must say Devin's cooking skills sound much more advanced than Mike's!

JennaK said...

LOL!

Kassi said...

Hey Ruthann! It has been a long time! Thanks! We are excited it took a while so we are just excited :) Your boys are so cute! I can't wait to be a mommy SO FUN!

Tyler and Ericka said...

Hey that sounds awesome and tasty!!! Also I was looking at your Henry pics, it must be so much fun at your house with your two little boys!!!!

Ashley Jackson said...

Hi Ruthann! Yes I do remember you. I haven't seen you in a really long time. Your little boys are so cute. I can't believe you have two! That is so funny that you know Holly. I know her as Sister Richardson because we served in the same mission in Boston. We were never companions but we were friends. She's a great girl. What a small world:) It will be fun to check in and watch your little family grow:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...