He took his first steps on Sunday, June 21. He's taken a few everyday since, but hasn't made too much progress. He'll get there...though, I do hope it's soon! This week I went to a myropractor (LOVED IT) because my back has been killing me! She said my biggest problem is the 20 & 30 pound kids I carry around. Yeah, Henry, we need to train harder!
Ever since we went to the aquarium in San Diego, Jaxon has been playing with his toy sea animals. As he sat on the floor with the octopus yesterday, he said...
"He's a op-a-pus. These sippy cups? These suction cups."
Then he said this to himself...
"I told Gramps they're sippy cups, but they're not. They're suction cups."
It was just so cute to hear how his language is developing and his sentences are becoming more complex.
Sometimes we eat out since Daddy's not here...
I haven't ever bought pudding snack packs before because I'm sure they're not good for you, but these said "no preservatives" and looked like an easy, fast snack so I just did it, plus they were a good deal at Costco. Almost everyday Jaxon and I sit at the counter during Henry's afternoon nap and have a pudding snack. I enjoy it as much as he does!
Wow, if she picks him I will feel really bad for her. At this point, if I were one of those guys who Wes said all that stuff to, I would say something to Jillian now. Next week looks like he just gets worse!
I can't believe she let Jake go! She's so sweet and was totally falling for her! Maybe he'll be the next Bachelor...
I was tagged my friend Connie and yes, I'm always excited for Mondays!
8 Things I did Yesterday
1. Woke up feeling like I was having labor pains because my back hurt so much from a workout I did. My back was already giving me trouble, but something happened during this workout that now makes me feel like I'm having a baby whenever I bend down...what the heck happened? I wanted to be sore because then I knew I had a good workout, but this is not the right kind of good sore.
2. Dropped my brothers brand new iphone. He had it for literally like 43 minutes when I dropped it in the parking lot and scratched it! Dang. I felt so bad! Luckily, he's nice and didn't swear at me or anything. I said he could chuck my phone across the parking lot, but he passed on the offer.
3. Went to Target and bought some shirts and a new purse! Don't tell Devin! He has thing thing about my purses. When we first got married as was buying a new one like once a month and so I acquired quite a few. But, now I rarely buy one, but when I do, he definitely notices. So, here's a trick I learned from a girlfriend...after you buy it, don't use if for a while, then when you use it and he asks, "Is that new?" you can honestly say, "Nope, I've had it up in the closet for a while." Great plan!
4. Went shopping for fruits and veggies at Superstition Ranch Market--my new Happiest Place on Earth! (A post about this fabulous place coming soon.)
5. Went to Fry's without Jaxon (he was with my mom). That was a wonderful experience. It's SO much easier to shop without a toddler!
6. Ate Crazy Sub...Delicious! There is just something about a hot Poorboy that makes any day wonderful!
7. Watched Marley & Me...SO CUTE! I just might have to buy it. If anyone has seen it, the scene where Jennifer Aniston freaks out and wants to get rid of the dog because she's got two kids and it just so overwhelmed...that's my life on many days. I could totally relate.
8. Said goodnight to Devin and was sad to go to sleep without him next to me.
8 Favorite TV Shows
1. The Office
2. The Bachelor/Bachelorette
4. Gossip Girl
5. So You Think You Can Dance?
6. American Idol
8. Everybody Loves Raymond
8 Favorite Restaurants
2. Crazy Sub
3. Tom's BBQ
4. Pasta Factory (Utah)
5. Costa Vida
6. Spicy Pickle (California)
7. Morrison's Lobsters (Maine)
8. My own kitchen when Devin cooks
8 Things I am Looking Forward to
1. Devin coming home
2. 4th of July in California
3. Devin starting his new job with a 12 minute commute
4. Henry learning to walk
5. Taking the boys to Disneyland this September!
6. My back getting better
7. Devin starting his Master's program
8. Starting my book!
8 Things on my Wish List
1. More income
2. Permanently clear, flawless skin...yeah right. But a girl can wish, right?
3. Pay off school and car...to come in the FAR future...
4. Non-saggy boobs
5. Full years supply of food perfectly organized (and a place to put it)
6. A bigger house with a bigger yard
7. To be a better mother and wife
8. To finish my book and have it be successful
8 Things I am Grateful for
1. Devin and my boys
2. The gospel and all that comes with it
3. All my family & friends
4. My house & cars
6. My body
7. A husband who cooks and tells me I'm beautiful and doesn't care if I wear my hair in a pony tail 6 days a week, sometimes 7:)
8. Taste buds...ever tried eating with a stuffy nose when you can't taste anything? BORING! I love eating because tasting is so great!
Um, no not really, but I do love it there! If I could afford to have a home on the beach I wouldn't hesitate, but that will probably never happen.
Here are some pics from our trip to see Daddy!
Beach Glamor Shot...yikes, I though my face was on fire! Beautiful, I know!
Here is Granny and Jaxon making some shapes from Play Dough. I love the shirt tucked into the underwear. He picked those underwear to match his shirt. Very fashion conscious already--gets it from his daddy.
Orange lips from eating raw carrots for a snack. I love that smile! This was a cool statue in Balboa Park. Little model baby TOO CUTE! Poor Jaxon...we went into a hot sauce store and he must have touched something when we weren't looking because five minutes after we walked out of the store he started screaming and we smelled peppers. He rubbed it in his eye! All around it was red. After crying and screaming for twenty minutes, he crashed. I felt so bad for the little guy! Their first ride on a Merry-Go-Round. Jaxon was so somber. Henry thought he was gonna get a drink when I sat down with him so he basically squirmed and screamed the whole time. Daddy playing with Henry right after Henry woke up. His little sleepy face is so cute! Aquarium with Granny. Jaxon loved the sharks.
Jaxon made a "nest" with the table chairs, some pillows, and toys. It's one of his new favorite things to do.
Daddy and baby Henry
Notice Devin's right hand...he's playing swords with Jaxon. Henry after eating. I actually had to throw that onsie away because the food (apricots and bananas) was like smooshed into the fabric and wouldn't come out.
A few moments later...get me outta here!
We took the boys to see the San Diego Temple. It's so pretty. We asked Jaxon who was on top and he said "Angel Oni."
It might be hard to see, but this pic shows Henry's first little wings in his hair. I'm excited to see if his hair will be like Jaxon's with crazy cute wings and curls!
Jaxon shooting Spidy webs at the temple. Um, it was a little sunny. I love all the squinty faces! Jaxon admiring the flowers at the temple. The other day he said he was going to "Find another girl" (he wanted Mommy, but I explained that I'm already married to Daddy) "and give her flowers then get married in the temple." It was precious! He thought of giving her flowers all on his own! Look out ladies, this kid is gonna make a great catch! Hopefully he'll pick up cooking from his daddy and he'd be the whole package! Jaxon and Daddy warming up at the beach. I thought Jaxon wouldn't like the cold ocean water, but he LOVED getting splashed (and sometime knocked down) by the waves. His lips were purple and she was shaking all over from shivering before we convinced him to take a break and warm up. Henry definitely enjoyed the beach:)
Oh, there was this creepy drunk homeless man that stopped and talked literally 6 times. He said, "I apologize, I may be a little buzzed, but these kids just melt my heart." Um, yeah, a little?
I LOVE this pic. Not only is it of the beautiful ocean and sunset, but look at how handsome Devin is and that cute face Jaxon is making.
And this is a nasty sweet potato growing in my pantry when I got home. When they start growing it's always freaky!
First off, I got a GPS...Garmin 885T. I really like it, but because much of the area where we live is new, the data isn't updated. I even downloaded the most recent map update and it's still not current enough. The hospital where Henry was born was built over a year ago and it's not listed! I figure maybe it's okay that my Target isn't listed, but a hospital should be updated!
Anyway...what I really wanted to talk about is...The Bachelorette!
I like Jake, Michael, and Ed.
Jake is a pilot. He's the one who got to see Martina McBride with Jillian. He is just so cute and he seems so genuine and nice and like he would just treat her so sweet! He seems like such a gentleman. I like him the best. He's got the cute side smile goin' on.
Michael is the breakdance teacher from New York. He's a cutie and I think he seems like such a nice guy and really funny too. I think they would have a lot of fun together. She hasn't had a one-on-one date with him yet though, so I need to know more about him still.
Ed is the one who did the rope climb off the building. He seems fun and pretty nice. But, I think he might be a little bit too wrapped up in his career. He did say it was something he was working on though.
Oh, and Kiptyn seems pretty cool too, but I need to know more.
Okay...on to who I don't like...TannerP, Wes, Dave, and Juan.
Tanner and his feet fetish...crazy! I understand liking feet, but he is so obsessed! He said he wanted to suck on her toes...gross! It's a little weird, actually, I think it's a LOT weird!
Wes is the country singer. I think he's kinda cute, but I don't trust him. There's just something about him. I can't realy put my finger on it yet. He is also very possessive of her already, which is a little much. Sure she is flattered by the song, but he might just want the exposure for his career. I say no more roses for Wes.
Dave is the one who hates Juan. Enough drama already! Geez! You are like 100 times worse than a girl! He has such a temper and swears like crazy. Not really a gentleman. Let him go! Oh, and just a side note: when he gets mad his eyes pop out like Molly's from Bachelor's last season!
Juan is the guy Dave hates. He's just not very manly. He seems kinda sissy to me. He can go too.