Sunday, November 8, 2009

11 Miles & Half Marathon

I ran 11 miles on Saturday. It was kinda tough. It was a little warmer than I would have liked and my hip started to get tired when I still had like 2 miles to go.

When I got home my arms felt like they were covered with sand. I figured it was dust from running through the cotton fields while the wind was blowing. A few minutes later I bit my nail and tasted salt. Then I realized that my body was covered in sweat salt. I licked my arm to see (gross, I know) and it was so salty. Next, I downed a Gatorade.

Also, I wanted to mention I will be racing in the Run from the Sun Half Marathon next week! Louisa found it and saw it fit right along with our training schedule so we signed up! If you are my family reading this, it would mean so much to me if you were there cheering me on. I'll be e-mailing you the details:)

2 comments:

Louisa said...

I CANNOT WAIT!!! It is going to be so much fun. We are going to rock this 1/2 marathon!

ConnieB said...

I ran a 1/2 marathon before, and a few 10milers but when I trained I never ran more than 8 miles. You are awesome for running that far! I need to get back into it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...