Monday, May 17, 2010

Taste Buds

I'm sure some people will think this is silly, but I look at the fact that we have taste buds as proof that we have a loving Father in Heaven.

I mean, what fun is eating if you can't taste the food?  I'll tell you...it's NO fun!  Right now, I am totally congested and can't taste a thing.  Eating is a totally a nuisance when I can't enjoy the taste of what I'm consuming!

It seems like he could have just created us without taste buds and we would still be able to eat.  What real purpose to they serve?  I guess to help us know if what we are eating is rotten or spoiled, but usually our sense of smell could tell us that.

I think our kind Heavenly Father gave us those taste buds so we could delight in and savor all the different tastes of food in the world.  For me, there are few experiences better than eating my favorite food.  (I can think of one and I'll give you a clue:  it usually takes place in the bedroom...I think you can figure it out!)  But seriously, I'm very thankful that I am blessed with those little dots on my tongue to bring joy to the obligation of eating!

1 comment:

Jami said...

I got them at target! I love them, they go with everything

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...