Friday, May 7, 2010

Mothers

I saw these quotes on a friend's blog and stole them for my own...

“Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels." –Elder Russell M. Nelson

"To help another human being reach one’s celestial potential is part of the divine mission of woman. As mother, teacher, or nurturing saint, she molds living clay to the shape of her hopes. In partnership with God, her divine mission is to help spirits live and souls be lifted. This is the measure of her creation. It is ennobling, edifying, and exalting." –Elder Russell M. Nelson

"I affirm my profound belief that God’s greatest creation is womanhood. I also believe that there is no greater good in all the world than motherhood. The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation." –Elder James E. Faust


Even though motherhood it hard and I complain at times, my children really are some of the greatest blessings in my life (second only to my wonderful husband).  I know I am truly blessed to claim the role of "mommy" in life.  And though I fall short daily, I try to be the mother God knows all women can be.

I am also blessed to have a wonderful mother of my own.  She really is the best out there!  I know she would do anything for me and I love her so much!

And again I was blessed when I got the best mother-in-law!  She is so great and I love her too!

Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

The Herberts said...

I love those quotes!!!! And they are so uplifting to hear! Thanks Ruthann!! Funny thing... as I was searching for quotes about mothers to go on the front of the Sunday bulletin, my favorite was the first one you listed. Ha ha ha... isn't it funny how great minds thing alike?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...