Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Marathon 2nd Thoughts...

So...training has been really though lately.  Mentally tough.

I love running, but when it takes literally ALL of my free time, and time with my boys and husband, I don't love it so much.

Since I watch kids now from 7 am to almost 6 pm, I have to do my runs at night.  That means they are during my time with the boys (without the daycare kids) and time with Devin.

Then, my long runs are on Saturdays, which take up most of the morning.

It has just been really wearing on me.  I am not a quitter so I won't stop now.  I have come so far!  Only one more milage increase...18...and I'll be at the longest of the training runs.  After doing 16 last week, it's hard to imagine adding 10 to that to equal the race distance.

In the book I'm reading, The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer, page 72 says,

"When the moment comes in the marathon when you feel you can't go on...you will go on anyway because you have done it so many times in the past and because of that, you will believe that you can do it again."

This is SO true!  When I am running and running and running and want to stop, I tell myself something like, "You have felt this way before and didn't stop so you CAN'T stop now!" and it keeps me going!

I do love running, I just gotta get out of this funk.  I ordered new shoes because by now mine have almost 200 miles just from the past 9 weeks of training and within the next week they will have over 230, so that might help mix things up a bit.  Though, they are the same shoes I have, so I guess that's not much for mixing things up.  But, I did order this blister powder that might help my blisters go away.  They seem to be permanent.  At least they aren't painful anymore, but they do make my usually cute toes look ugly.

1 comment:

Thorne Family said...

You can do it! You are so close to being done! I understand how you feel about running taking away family time. I work in the mornings and have to do my running in the evening. It stinks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...