Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Normal

Good news...it's normal to have sporadic shooting pains across your uterus when you are pregnant!  Also, a general aching is perfectly normal too!  Who knew?!

Warning...I'm not in a good mood and when I'm not in a good mood I get really sarcastic, or "sassy" as Devin says.  And I complain a lot.  And Devin currently is watching the dumb Suns game.  So read on if you still want to...

Yeah, so I went back to the doctor today and she asked why I came back today after just being in on Thursday.  I told her I was still having pain that wasn't comfortable with and the doctor did not address it last week.  I thought today she might give me a reason and a way to FIX it, but no such luck.  There is no fix.

Today the doctor took time to explain that basically since this is my 3rd baby my uterus is "worn out."  Really?  After only 3?!  I still want some more kids, but I'm not real fond of the idea that this constant discomfort is to be expected with each pregnancy from here on out.  I don't consider myself to be a baby when it comes to physical pain.  I mean, I trained for and ran a marathon and I birthed my last kid without any drugs on purpose, so I think I can tolerate a fair amount of discomfort.  But I am so tired of THIS pain.  And, it's definitely not going away until this baby is out of me.  Yea!  6 more weeks of a achy, crampy-feeling uterus!

And, I still have to poke myself 4 times a day and go back in a week to go over my numbers.  Devin says I shouldn't go back if my numbers are good because what's the point?  If they are good, what are they going to say?  "They look good.  Come back next week."  I don't know.  I do know that I don't want to take my kids with me again.  Wow.  No amount of toys or snacks could make a difference today.  Two kids boys in that little "Love Boat-themed" room for 1 hour, no thank you!

I sure hope this labor and delivery goes smoothly.

4 comments:

The Van Fam said...

Sorry!! I hate it when Dr's dont have answers! And if you are in pain, it must really be PAIN!

Fiery Jack said...

In Devin's defense, it was a pretty good game. :)

JennaK said...

Yeah, your uterus is worn out, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have half a dozen more! It just isn't as tight as it was before the first and therefore you get more pain with each one. So sorry you're in pain, though. Just think, only six more weeks! You've already gotten through 85% of your pregnancy.

FRYER FAM said...

Love those pains, in a few weeks they'll all be worth it! What I would give for those pains:) we should get together one of these days. Call me, jord lost all of my contacts in my phone so I don't have yours anymore. Hang in there

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...