Sunday, June 13, 2010

Menu

After church today, in our kitchen the following were prepared by my most handsome husband:

--fettuccine noodles with alfredo sauce
--salad with special dressing
--red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting

Every food item listed was totally homemade from scratch.  He even washed every single dish.  He spoils me:)

Sundays have become my favorite day of the week.  When I was in high school, I liked Fridays and Saturdays because I would go out with friends and do things like see movies and go shopping.  Then when I was first married I still favored those days because I wouldn't have work or school.  Now, I love Sundays for a few reasons:

--I get to go to church.  I love going to church.  I always feel welcome  and enjoy seeing the people I call my ward family.  Plus, and my testimony of my Savior is strengthened every week.
--Neither Devin and I have to work.  Devin and I both work 2 jobs (mine are from home, but still stressful and time consuming) and Devin is taking classes for his masters (hallelujah) so we are both extremely busy.
--Since we follow the commandment, "Keep the Sabbath Day Holy" we don't do any shopping or go out anywhere where people are working.
--We just spend the day together.  If it's just our family or we see extended family, we always have a great time.  We love being together and Sunday is the perfect day for family activities.

3 comments:

Camille Elise said...

He made all that for you?! You are SOOO lucky. My dad won't even THINK about doing the dishes for my mom. SAd. Well, you are one lucky girl and I hope I find a guy like that! :)

ashley wright said...

AMEN for sundays. I love them too :) Can we come eat dinner at your house??!! sounds yummy!! Hope you're feeling good these days :)

JennaK said...

That's how my Sundays used to be and I loved them. But never again, until retirement, if there is such a thing anymore (retirement, that is). I envy you. But not in a bad way. Enjoy those days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...