Monday, April 7, 2008

Hugs

I was reading an article about Hugs this morning and thought I'd pass some of the info along:

Virginia Satir, one of the key family therapists of our time, suggests that we need to get four hugs a day for survival, eight hugs a day for maintenance, and 12 hugs a day for growth.

A study done at Princeton University confirmed that babies and toddlers who are frequently touched in a loving manner until they are 12 years old are much more likely to be intimate and loving in future relationships. These children, when grown, found it easy to snuggle and cuddle, hug and touch, and hold hands. Those who didn't receive loving touches as children tended to be distant and uncomfortable with such contact with other people.

I think that's so interesting. The whole thing isn't very long if you want to read the rest:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-135425400.html

I love hugs and hug my family often, but I'm kinda shy to hug even close friends. I should work on that...every one would benefit from a hug!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...