Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Canning...Twice

This week, from Bountiful Baskets we were able to get strawberries for really cheap so we bought a lot of them. Joy and I planned on making jam. We worked for 4 hours on Conference Saturday (still listening) and canned around 15 pint and 30 half-pint jars! (From 4 8-pound flats of strawberries!)

When Monday came, the jars hadn't set so we decided to redo them! Yesterday we worked from 11:30 until 4:30 with our last batch coming out of the pressure canner at 5:30. It was a lot of work. It was fun and not very complicated, but a lot of work! Joy and I both really enjoyed doing it, but it was exhausting! The jam is so yummy and is a great addition to our food storage. We both felt like such Molly-Mormons! And were proud of it too!

That night I slept, without even waking up to pee (don't forget I'm pregnant), from 10:00 until 5:30 when Devin's alarm woke me up. I was exhausted!

2 comments:

JennaK said...

Since my first pregnancy, I have had so few nights where I have slept that long! Isn't it nice when it actually happens? I finally had one of those nights last week-sleeping from 10 until 6 am when Eliza woke up, I felt so rested the next day.

The Bottjer Family said...

yeah for strawberry jam. i haven't tried it yet, but was going to have some toast this morning with breakfast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...