Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Training Started This Week

Since I have decided to run the PF Chang marathon again, I have started training.  And, since it's SO stinking hot there is no way I can run outside.  I can't wait for the day that it's cool enough to run outside!  I especially love running outside during the holidays because it's so fun to see all the decorated houses!  But for now, I have to go to the YMCA.  If the boys are good and get ready and go to the kids place so I can exercise, I take them swimming afterwards.  Here are some pictures from today...
Oliver was putting his face in it like a drinking fountain then sticking his tongue out. 



 I try to meet my friend Kiera at the Y so we can exercise together and today she brought her boys swimming with us.  It's crazy that when we first met she didn't have any kids and we only had Jaxon.  Now, between the 2 of us, there are 5 kids...and they are all boys!!!  It's so fun to see them all growing up and playing together!

Yeah, so I'm running the marathon again!  I know I said I would never do it again, but I was so close to qualifying for Boston that I want to run it again so I can qualify.  They actually decreased the time so I have to cut more off my time, but I think I can do it.  

Training is very time consuming, but I really enjoy doing it.  When I told Devin I wanted to run it again he said with a big sigh, "You do?"  Then I told him that I know it takes a lot of my time, but he had to support me.  I guess it seems like it takes more time because of when the training falls...during the holidays and wrestling season.  But, around the time of the marathon we are planning on trying to have another baby so the timing is perfect.  I want to do this for myself before getting pregnant again.  And because of the scare with Ollie and the doctor being relieved that my body was in such good shape before getting pregnant that he thought it would heal itself, which it did, I want to be really healthy before getting pregnant again.  

So, anyone interested in running the marathon with me???  
There is a half (13.1 miles) if a whole (26.2) is too much.  
It's super fun!!!

2 comments:

ConnieB said...

I want to run one someday! I'd do it with you if I could! That's the one thing I don't miss about AZ... I stopped being such a runner because it was always too hot to do it.

Carrie Carp said...

Um, maybe the half? But the whole wanting to get pregnant around then thing might suck, and I'm kind of not liking running lately. I'm thinking london's run in January? But I'm ridiculously lazy about training, I like strength training more, I have more fun doing it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...