Monday, January 5, 2009

I Need Your Input!


After this happened...
...we decided we better get some new kitchen chairs...
...so we got some...

Then we wanted a new kitchen table...
...so we got this...

Here are some of the decorations in our kitchen so you can get a feel for what it's like:


The table was a great DI find.  I wanted one with leaves and we found it:)  (Devin hasn't sanded the leaves yet, that's why it's still shiny.)  The chairs are from the Mesa Auction, which is my new favorite place to get furniture.  They have so much nice stuff and most of it goes for so cheap!

Now my problem is what color should we paint the table?  

As you can see, our kitchen has brown tile and countertops with maroon lower walls, black trim, and a tan upper wall color.  I'm afraid after adding these dark brown chairs, if we paint the table a dark color, it will be too much dark.  But, is an off-white/light color the best option?  Devin thought about giving it a French antiqued look.  

I will never claim to be a professional decorator, so I need to know what you people think!  Those of you with a crafty decorator eye, what should I do about the table???

4 comments:

Josh and Elisha said...

The chairs look great with the kitchen! Now when we come over we will all be able to fit at one table :)As far as what color to paint the table, I really don't know. I do love an antique look though

Jami said...

this is a toughy!

I think that you should do the table black, and then antique it. If you don't like the black, then you can always paint over it and then sand it down. The more colors you add the better it will look when you sand it down.
If you do a lighter color I think it will look funny...too washed out.

The Bottjer Family said...

I love your finds! I'm excited to see what they look like finished!

I think you should paint the table black... I don't think it will be too dark. It will add more character, plus it's always sunny in AZ so the sunlight in the window behind the table will keep the room from feeling too dark. Plus, black is easier to maintain than a lighter color.... because you see EVERYTHING on a light colored table. With a black table you can use a sharpie to cover any nicks that happen (aka fork marks like on my table). If you're still worried about it being too dark you can add a small centerpiece to the table with light colors- like a white vase with red flowers, etc. That's my two cents. =)

Lacie said...

To be different I'm gonna say paint it red. It would be sweet. If you don't want dark go with bright. If that's too much go with tan if you want to lighten the place up. Hope all is well. Have a great day. Love and miss ya.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...