Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

It's a new year so make some resolutions!
I found these cool quotes about goals:

"The trouble with not having a goal, is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never cross the goal line."  -Thomas S. Monson, excerpt of talk given January 14, 2001 on the campus of Rick's College

A goal not written is merely a wish.

"Many persons have the wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness.  It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."  -Helen Keller

Some of my goals:
1.  Read my scriptures every day.  (I have done this like a champ my whole life, but since the arrival of child #2, I have been a slacker when it comes to daily reading.)
2.  Keep current inventory for our food storage.
3.  Save more money...spend less.
4.  Look hot for swimsuit season despite having 2 children.  (Dang stretched tummy skin!)
5.  Learn how to do digital scrapbooking using free software.
6.  Cook more.  I really mean it.  I know I have said I don't have a desire to cook and since Devin loves to do it, I didn't feel a need before, but I do now.  See, when he's cooking, he's basically off duty for watching the kids.  This leads to the following:  
Devin gone at work all day.
Ruthann home tending the kids.
Devin home from work.
Ruthann wants and needs a break.
Devin has to cook.
Ruthann still has to tend the kids.
Devin prepared dinner.
Ruthann didn't get a break and is now grumpy.

So, I decided if I cook, I'll be the one off duty.  Sounds like a great plan, we'll see how it goes...

I am telling everyone my goals because if I tell people, I'm more obligated to do it!

1 comment:

John and Jada McFarlane said...

I can help you with the digital scrapbooking it is my hobby. There is an awesome website, I don't know if you have heard of it it is called ikeagoddess.blogspot.com and this lady devotes all of her time finding free (cute) digital downloads. If you don't have Photoshop I have it and can help you out. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...