Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sad Day

Monday, July 20, 2009 was a sad, sad day.

My close friend Joy moved away. It's weird because I moved a few times when I was young and left tons of friends behind, but that didn't seem as hard as this. Maybe because back then I was excited to move on to a new place, or maybe it is because Joy and I just have such an amazing, natural friendship. There is something about Joy leaving that rips a little piece of my heart.

I have stayed in touch with a few close friends. I think moving always shows you who your real friends are. It's not impossible to stay in touch, but it does take effort. People say they will, but only your real friends do.

When I moved to this neighborhood, I prayed to make friends. I always knew our previous houses were temporary so I didn't make much effort. But when we moved here I knew we were here to stay for a long time so I really tried to put myself out there to make friends. I learned that you can not expect to make friends without being a friend. My prayers were answered because I made a few really dear friends, Joy is one of those friends.

Joy and I have gone through pregnancies together, decorating our houses (mostly mine because her's was already amazing), a vacation, crafts, painting, sewing, canning, baking, exercising, swimming, shopping, holidays, birthdays, trials, worries, triumphs, frustrations, and so much more...

Not only is she fabulous, but her husband, Josh, and Devin are buddies and their little boy Landon and Jaxon are buddies, and their little girl Tyler is gonna marry Henry! We all really got along and have such a great time together. They were the kind of friends who you could call at midnight if you needed something, and know they would be happy to help. We will really miss them. We love you guys!

There is a chance that Josh's job could move him back here. We really hope that happens. Until then, we'll "keep in touch" FOR REALS!

5 comments:

The Bottjer Family said...

Thanks so much for that nice note. We miss you guys a TON! Landon misses Jaxon too.

The Blakes said...

I understand how you feel. From my personal experience, it is a lot harder when people leave me, than when I leave them. I've moved a few times in my short marriage, and it's no problem. However, I had a good friend in our old ward who moved away and it was the worst thing ever.

ConnieB said...

That is so hard! I've had to move away from all of my best friends, and it stinks. I have a lot of good friends out here but not one that I feel I could just call up whenever- and I miss having a friend like that.
I hope they move back for ya!

Kiera said...

I'm not nearly as crafty, or hardworking as Joy, but if there's anything you need a nearby friend's help with I'm here for ya:) It will be weird without Joy, she's a great person! Sorry!!

Anonymous said...

Baby Ruth, I totally feel you right now! Seriously all my bffs have moved one place or another! It is never my favorite thing! I have two more leaving me this summer so... I know how it can break a heart a little bit!! I am sorry and totally feel for ya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...