Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rant

This is a post from my friend's blog. I was with her at that lunch and I have been in that situation (one time I changed Jaxon in the back of a sushi place on an extra table they had sitting there b/c there was no where else to do it) and I totally agree...ALL restaurants should be required to have a baby changing platform in the restroom. In both men and women's would be nice, but I doubt that will happen. (Dads can change diapers too!) So for now, we'll just petition in women's restrooms.

Hello???????!!!!!

Okay, seriously, call me crazy, but something little (and I mean little) happened today and it's been bugging me ever since. Hopefully by writing about it I will get it out of my system!

I went to lunch today a place called "Cravings"- it's Mexican food over by Dippin Dots and the new Target (in case you want to check it out).... so during lunch I had to stop to feed Landon a bottle.... okay, this is totally normal considering it takes quite a bit of time to get anywhere if you live in Queen Creek and your kiddos will be hungry no matter what. After feeding him I figured I probably needed to change him so I didn't have a mess on my hands when I got home. As I proceeded to the bathroom I stopped in horror as I entered---THERE WAS NO CHANGING TABLE! What restaurant doesn't have a changing table pull-out thing in the women's bathroom? Isn't that like a code violation or something? Not really, but it is just as serious! Do they not realize that more than 50% of Queen Creek is LDS--which means we have KIDS----HELLO!!!!! Which means, in turn, it's totally bad business if they don't have a changing table-because who's gonna eat there? Okay, maybe that's a little overboard-people will still eat there-but honestly! So, out of spite (mind you the restaurant wasn't that full) I full on changed Landon's diaper on the bench of one of the booths. What other choices did I have? Sure, I could have walked all they way across the parking lot to my car, but no. I did it right there. I'm not normally this riled up about a topic I guess it just left me in a bad mood.

So, if you're planning to hit the town ladies- feel free to check out Cravings---but of course plan ahead on your creative diaper changing methods....or not....then maybe they'll get the point.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...