Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I am Blessed

Recently I have discovered that I have been incredible ungrateful for many of the blessings in my life. I believe being ungrateful is the first step to unhappiness.

"There's no sense in making life seem like it's a struggle, because that doesn't make anybody feel better." --Ashton Kurtcher

Not that I really admire Ashton Kurtcher, I just thought it was a pretty good thought. I read it the other day and it made me think.
This is what I came up with...

He's not saying there won't be struggles. He's just saying don't complain about them all the time. Constantly being negative does not make anyone happy (or the people around them). Nor does it make "things," whether it is health, financial situation, or a relationship, improve. Everyone has struggles. Especially now.

I agree with him, but at the same time, I also think it's very important to let others know when you are struggling. Like family and friends who love you care and want to help. Isn't that what we're supposed to do, serve others? Yep.

But anyway, I am going to be more thankful for the things I have as well as don't have. Thanks Ashton.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...